New Medical Benefits Effective April 1st!
Below are a few important facts:
1) Kaiser members will receive a new Kaiser ID card; however, if you have an existing Kaiser card, you can continue to use that card after 4/1/2013 as well since your medical record number will remain the same.
2) Anthem members will be receiving new cards over the next few weeks. It is important that members update their providers with the new insurance information for any services on or after 4/1/2013.
3) Once Anthem HMO members receive their ID cards, they should verify that the primary care physician they selected at open enrollment is the one listed the card. If not, they should contact member services at 1-800-825-5541 for assistance.
4) Anthem members they may register at www.anthem.com/ca/siscto search for providers, view claims and benefit information, print temporary ID cards, and access a variety of other resources.
5) If dependent certificates were sent as a follow up to the initial enrollment, please allow extra time for the dependent's enrollment to show as active.
6) Walgreens is excluded from the Express Scripts network pharmacy for Anthem PPO members.
7) Members enrolled on an Anthem HMO or PPO plan may take advantage of $0 generics at Costco on or after 4/1/2013.
8) In order to ensure the smoothest transition, it is best to have any prescriptions filled prior to 4/1/2013 if at all possible.
9) Once members receive their new ID cards, they may call the following numbers with any questions regarding claims, ID cards, and/or benefits.
Anthem Blue Cross (PPO & HMO): 1-800-825-5541
Anthem PPO Rx (Express Scripts): 1-800-987-5241
Anthem HMO Rx (Express Scripts): 1-800-700-2541