Instructional Technology Services
- Coordinate scheduling, and presentation of technology training.
- Develop curriculum and teaching materials for learning applications.
- Plan, implement, develop, and support learning applications and technologies.
- Answer questions from staff members regarding educational software and
- Establish and distribute information on District technology standards and
- Keep faculty and staff apprised of innovations and adaptations of technology
as it applies to student achievement.
- Inform employees, parents, and others about services provided to apply
computers and technology as a tool for learning.
- Train staff members on existing and new software used in the classroom,
in school computer labs, and in District operations.
- Develop and offer classes and tutorials in the use of technology for teachers,
classified employees, administrators, and parents.
- Train school technology representatives (Tech Reps) so that they can train
and assist other staff members at their school sites.
- Identify and recommend software and hardware that will meet user needs,
learning modalities, and comply with District standards.
- Provide training registration, maintain records of courses attended, and issue
certificates to those who complete course requirements.
- Work with administrators and teachers in such as way that they see
Instructional Technology as an asset to student learning at their sites.
- Support and mentor ROP Technology Students, high school students,
who act as personal technology trainers for other students.
- Provide training and support for staff members in the use of software and
equipment that facilitates student learning. Programs include the following:
- RxNet - PUSD student test results, assessment, and information
- Groliers - Online encyclopedia
- Riverdeep - Interactive math training
- RxNet Writer - Interactive writing and assessment
- Digital Curriculum - Electronic standards-based video on demand
- iLife - Multimedia creation tools for Apple users
- E-mail - Electronic correspondence
- Zangle - Student information system
- Internet - World Wide Web access
- SmartBoard - Interactive computer whiteboard
- SmarteFinance - PUSD internal accounting system
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint