On behalf of the Pueblo staff, welcome to the 2009-2010 school year! We look forward to working with you as we continue the tradition of excellence at Pueblo K-8 School. The entire staff is focused on student achievement and on helping our students meet grade level standards.
As you set your child's school routines this year, remember that how you start the school year can determine how well the rest of the year will go. The activities listed below will help your child get off to a great start:
• Make homework completion a priority. Establish bedtime and homework routines.
• Meet your child's teacher. How can you help him/her?
• Ask your child about school every day. Ask him/her to teach you what he/she learned today.
• Support the school rules and procedures. Help your child comply with all school rules and classroom procedures.
• Report potential dangers or threats. Impress upon your child the importance of notifying school staff if they feel threatened or unsafe.
• Promote punctuality and regular attendance. Excessive absences and tardiness can be harmful and are disruptive to your child's academic success.
• Allow your child to complete the school day. Schedule medical appointments after school or on non-school days. Take family vacations on non-school days.
Remember, attendance is a key indicator of student achievement. Your child's success in school and life depends on having a solid educational background--one that can only be gained through regular school attendance.