Chain of Command
Battalion Commander: Cadet LTC Karen Ambriz
The Battalion Commander is the senior (highest ranking) individual in the Battalion. She is responsible for everything the battalion does or fails to do. She uses her Executive Officer to ensure the staff performs its duties and her Company Commanders to complete all functions and responsibilities assigned to each company. If each Company Commander does his/her job well, and the staff functions effectively, basically all the Battalion Commander needs to do is supervise, visit, comment, participate, manage, and lead.
Some specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Representing the JROTC Department at many of the numerous civic functions in the community.
2. Being seen throughout the JROTC Department, throughout the day, as much as school schedules and teachers will allow. Not just during JROTC period. When in the JROTC Department he/she should be looking around and observing what is going on. He/she should visit classrooms to observe attitudes, interest, and conduct of subordinates. He/she should strive to look at and know as many cadets in the Battalion as possible.
3. Participating in recognition and/or awards ceremonies for each of the companies.
4. Conducting briefing about JROTC to visitors.
5. Conducting tours of the JROTC Department.
6. Showing an interest in ALL companies and teams.
Battalion Executive Officer: Cadet Major Mariela Gonzalez
The Battalion Executive Officer is primarily responsible for supervising and controlling the staff as well as managing numerous special programs as directed by the Battalion Commander and/or the Senior Army Instructor. He assumes command of the battalion during the absence of the battalion commander. His duties and responsibilities include assisting the Battalion Commander in the performance of his/her many duties as needed and/or as directed by the Battalion Commander. Specific duties of the XO are many and include, but not limited to:
1. Supervising and managing the JROTC staff.
2. Conducting special investigations as directed by the Senior Army Instructor or Battalion Commander.
3. Managing the Cadet Boards of the Month and Semester Programs. Serves as President of the Boards for these programs. The XO must ensure that Cadet Boards are planned and members are informed well in advance. The Battalion Command Sergeant Major should also participate.
Battalion Command Sergeant Major: Cadet CSM Carlos Sanchez
The battalion command sergeant major is the principla cadet enlisted assistant to the battalion commander. As the senior enlisted memmber of the cadet corps, the command sergeant major supervives the other noncommissioned officers ( NCOs) of the battalion and companies. Specific duties of the command sergeant major are to:
1.Assist subordinate NCOs, the battalion XO, and the adjutant with administrative duties/details.
2. Advise and assist the battlaion commander in all matters pertaining to the enlisted members of the cadet battalion.
3. Assist the adjutant in the formation and alignment of the battalion of all battalion formations.
S-1 Adjutant : Cadet PFC Lidia Gonzalez
The S-1 is the Personnel and Administrative Officer for the battalion. She maintains the unit manning board, keeps a current and accurate file on all JROTC Cadets in the battalion, prepares and publishes orders, and performs a variety of administrative functions as required. The S-1 make sure cadet records are posted correctly.
S-2 Battalion Security Officer : Cadet Sergeant Stephanie Rodriguez
The primary duties of the Battalion S-2 are to assure the security and safety of the JROTC Department and its equipment. The S-2's main area of interest is the Arms Room. The duties include conducting a monthly inventory by serial number of all weapons and sensitive items of equipment stored in the Arms Room. Conducting a daily count of all M-1 rifles. Issuing and turning in weapons to JROTC Cadets for Drill and Ceremony.
S-3 Operations and Training Officer : Cadet Sergeant Michelle Nguyen
The S-3 staff is a large and busy staff section. The S-3 is responsible for a myriad of activities including such things as morning clean up details, merit and demerit records, preparing classrooms for each days instruction. The S-3 is the Operations and Training Officer. Under the category of Operations the S-3: Establishes a system to allow volunteers to report to the JROTC Department, perform assigned tasks and earn merits.
S-4 Battalion Logistics and Supply Officer : Cadet 2LT Catherine Perez
The Battalion Supply Officer is the JROTC Cadet responsible for the fitting and issuing of uniforms and items of equipment to the JROTC Cadet corps. He causes the supply room to be operational most of the day to serve the needs of the Cadet corps. The Supply Room normally opens on/about 0730 hrs. The Supply Officer has a huge and important job. He is responsible for keeping a running count on all items in the supply room.
S-5 Battalion Public Affairs (Information) Officer : Cadet Sergeant Xena Ramirez
The Battalion S-5 is a very demanding and busy staff. The S-5 informs and "sells" the JROTC Program to the community. S-5 duties fall into 3 major categories. They are Cadet Information; Public Information and Community Relations. Cadet Information: The S-5 uses the bulletin boards in the JROTC Department to keep the Cadet Corps abreast of items of interest from newspapers, magazines, and various periodicals.
S-6 Battalion Public Affairs (Information) Officer: Cadet Sergeant Delia Jimenez
The officer maintains the cadet information board in contact between the corps of cadets and all news media and student publications. This officer publicizes as many of the activities of the Army JROTC program as possible to create an outstanding image of the cadet battalion and acts as the activities communication between the cadets and the community.
Company Commanders & First Sergeants
Alpha Company "Warriors"
Commander: Cadet Captain Ericka Roque
First Sergeant: Cadet 1SG Carlos Perez
Bravo Company "Demons"
Commander: Cadet Captain Joel Jose Escoto
First Sergeant: Cadet 1SG Samuel Leon
Charlie Company "District"
Commander: Cadet 2LT Jessica Fausto
First Sergeant: Cadet 1SG Carlos Perez
Delta Company "Force"
Commander: Cadet Captain Tahiri Mauricio
First Sergeant: Cadet 1SG Juan Soto
Echo Company "Kings"
Commander: Cadet Captain Johnny Rivera
First Sergeant: Cadet 1SG Victor Luna