Chain of Command
BATTALION LEADERSHIP TEAM
Battalion Commander: Cadet LTC Mauricio
The Battalion Commander is the Senior (highest ranking) leader in the battalion. She is responsible for everything the battalion does or fails to do. She uses her Executive Officer to ensure the staff performs its duties and her Company Commanders to complete all functions and responsibilities assigned to each company. If each Company Commander does his/her job well, and the staff functions effectively, basically all the Battalion Commander needs to do is supervise, visit, comment, participate, manage, and lead.
Some specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Representing the JROTC Department at many of the numerous civic functions in the community.
2. Being seen throughout the JROTC program, throughout the day, as much as school schedules and teachers will allow. She observes what is going on with the organization at all times. She visit classrooms to observe attitudes, interest, and conduct of subordinates. She strives to look at and know as many cadets in the battalion as possible.
3. Participating in recognition and/or awards ceremonies for each of the companies.
4. Conducting briefings on JROTC to activities
5. Conducting tours of the JROTC program
Battalion Executive Officer: Cadet Major Nguyen
The Battalion Executive Officer is primarily responsible for supervising and controlling the staff as well as managing numerous special programs as directed by the Battalion Commander and/or the Senior Army Instructor. She assumes command of the battalion during the absence of the battalion commander. Her duties and responsibilities include assisting the Battalion Commander in the performance of her many duties as needed and/or as directed by the Battalion Commander. Specific duties of the XO are many and include, but not limited to:
1. Supervising and managing the JROTC staff.
2. Conducting special projects as directed by the Senior Army Instructor or Battalion Commander.
3. Coordinate with the Associated Student Body and school staff for school activities.
Battalion Command Sergeant Major: Cadet CSM Gonzalez
The battalion command sergeant major is the principal cadet enlisted assistant to the battalion commander. As the senior enlisted memmber of the cadet corps, the command sergeant major supervives the other noncommissioned officers (NCOs) of the battalion and companies. Specific duties of the command sergeant major are to:
1. Assist subordinate NCOs, the battalion XO, and the adjutant with administrative duties/details.
2. Advise and assist the battlaion commander in all matters pertaining to the enlisted members of the cadet battalion.
3. Assist the adjutant in the formation and alignment battalion personnel, promotions, and awards.
4. Responsible for Cadet of the Month boards, promotion boards, and disciplinary boards.
S-1 Adjutant : Cadet 2LT Rodriguez
The S-1 is the Personnel and Administrative Officer for the battalion. She maintains the unit manning board, keeps a current and accurate file on all JROTC Cadets in the battalion, prepares and publishes orders, and performs a variety of administrative functions as required. The S-1 make sure cadet records are posted correctly.
S-2 Battalion Security Officer : Cadet 2LT Wilson
The primary duties of the Battalion S-2 are to assure the security and safety of the JROTC Department and its equipment. The S-2's main area of interest is the Arms Room and sensitive items.
S-3 Operations and Training Officer : Cadet 2LT Gonzalez
The S-3 staff officer is responsible for a myriad of activities to include school and community projects. All activities must go through the S3 officer so she may plan and coordinate with staff officers and unit leaders to ensure mission accomplishment.
S-4 Battalion Logistics and Supply Officer(s) : Cadet 2LT Hernandez, 2LT Ibarra, and 2LT Godinez
The Battalion Supply Officer is responsible for the fitting and issuing of uniforms and items of equipment to the JROTC Cadet corps. She runs the supply room to be operational most of the day to serve the needs of the cadets. She is also responsible for keeping a running count on all items in the supply room.
S-5 Battalion Special Projects Officer Officer : Cadet 2LT Jimenez
The Battalion S-5 informs and promotes the JROTC program to the community. S-5 duties fall into 3 major categories: Cadet Information; Public Information and Community Relations. The S-5 uses the webpage, bulletin boards in the JROTC department, school information board and district information board to celebrate and recognize the Giants Battaion.
Company Leadership Teams
Commander: C/2LT Arredondo
Executive Officer: C/SGT Valdez
First Sergeant: C/1SG Renteria
Charlie Company "Unit"
Commander: C/2LT Bernal
Executive Offcier: C/SGT Luna
First Sergeant: C/1SG Gutierrez
Delta Company "Demons"
Commander: C/CPT Diaz
Executive Officer: C/SGT Picazo
First Sergeant: C/1SG Jimenez
Echo Company "Storm"
Commander: C/2LT Escorcia
Executive Officer: 2/LT Navong
First Sergeant: C/1SG Sandoval