All dress will be such as to protect the health and safety of all children. Clothing should reflect the educational tone of the school setting. Standardized dress is always encouraged. A student who comes to school without proper attention to cleanliness, neatness or meeting the dress code may be sent home. School shirts with our mascot are available for purchase at school. Please remember, for the safety of your child and others, we will NOT allow any of the following:
1. Shoes that do not cover and protect feet - sandals or open toed shoes.
Shoes with a heel higher than 1 inch are not allowed. Shoes must include heel covering. Socks must be worn at all times. NO skate shoes allowed.
2. Clothes shall conceal underwear at all times. See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, off-the shoulder or low-cut tops, bare midriffs and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited (measured by -1 inch below the child's fingertips).
3. Gang related clothing such as baggy or oversized pants, shirts, or coats; or long baggy shorts with long white socks. No gang-related jewelry, insignia, colors, paraphernalia, materials, apparel, clothing or attire may be worn or carried at school activities. No gang-related items, including shirts, hats, or other head attire, coats, jackets, etc. are allowed. Dressing all in black, long black coats, or wearing any clothing in a way that represents gang membership is not allowed. No students may wear articles of clothing, jewelry, paraphernalia or accessories which pose a threat to physical and or emotional well being and safety of students.
4. Clothing, jewelry, paraphernalia, material, or manner of grooming, which is obscene, sexually explicit, or which depicts or suggests sexually-related or obscene gestures, pictures, or wording, or which promotes violence, the use/abuse of drugs, tobacco, or alcohol, may not be worn or carried on campus or at school activities.
5. Clothing or articles of clothing (including, but not limited to gloves, bandannas, shoestrings, wristbands, jewelry) which are likely to provoke others to acts of violence or which are likely to cause others to be intimidated by fear of violence may not be worn on campus or at any school activity.
6. Artificial nails, rollers or hairdressing aids; hair nets, sunglasses, hats or caps. Make-up is prohibited in grades K - 6. The 7th & 8th graders may wear lip gloss / light make-up.
7. Dangling jewelry or earrings that hang below the ear. Multiple ear piercing or body piercings are discouraged.