Pantera Student Dress Code
Uniforms are not required at Pantera Elementary School. The overall philosophy regarding school dress at Pantera is to use common sense and dress comfortably in clean, well-maintained clothing. Because some clothing may be disruptive to the school environment or considered unsafe, we advise parents / students of the following guidelines:
· Shoes must cover and protect the feet as well as be easy to walk about in. No high heels, sandals, thongs or other open-toed shoes. Shoes must be buckled or tied securely in order to prevent accidents on the playground or classroom.
· Socks, footies or ankle socks are required.
· No short-shorts or exposed underwear. A good way to determine if shorts are too short is to have the child stand up and with arms straight down, graze fingertips to the thighs. Fingertips should be touching the fabric or hem of the shorts, not skin.
· No midriff or short tops that leave the midriff bare. Tops must have straps at least one inch wide or covered by a larger top.
· No earrings that hang below the ears.
· No dangling jewelry.
· Baseball caps may be worn in the cafeteria at lunch and out on the playground.
· No clothing that prints alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances insignia, profane language or symbols, or negative behavior remarks.
· No torn or soiled clothing, baggy clothing or clothing that restricts normal range of motion.
· No roller skates or heelys (sneakers with wheels).
Pantera’ colors are burgundy and white.
Pantera's mascot is the Patriot.
School Spirit Clothing
School T-shirts and sweatshirts are available for sale from our PTO.
We highly recommend dressing your child in school colors for all off-campus, school-sponsored field trips, and special activities.
Fridays are Spirit Day. Please wear your Pantera shirts!