At Marshall Middle School we strive to provide students a positive learning environment whereby students can be focused on learning. We believe a Standardized Dress Policy helps promote school safety and students can attend school daily focused on what they are learning and why it is important. A committee of parents met with Marshall Middle School and developed a new Dress Policy for the 2010-2011. We look forward to the positive academic and social results that a school wide dress code will support.
The following Dress Code Policy will be effective for the 2010-2011 year:
- All students may wear Collared Polo Shirts in the following colors:
Solid White, Solid Navy Blue, Solid Maroon and Solid Black
- Pants/Jeans may be worn by both girls and boys in their appropriate size.
(No tattered/torn/faded jeans allowed and or oversized pants.)
- Shorts may be worn by both girls and boys in the same solid colors.
Shorts must be no shorter than 6 inches above the knee. (No cut-offs).
- Skirts may be worn in the same solid colors no shorter than 6 inches above the knee, no leggings, solid socks only in the above colors.
- Students are encouraged to wear College/University logo shirts/sweaters on designated Spirit Days to promote our College Going Culture.
- Students are encouraged to wear tennis shoes only for safety reasons. No open shoes or flip-flops.
- Students are encouraged to wear school logo shirts, sweaters and jackets that will be available to order during the school year. Jackets must be the same designated colors with no logos other than school colors.
- PE clothes may be purchased during registration. If purchased elsewhere only black shorts/gray T-shirts recommended. During increment weather students may wear joggers in gray sweatshirt and black joggers.
The Marshall Middle School Dress Policy will be in effect at all times on campus, except on designated Free Dress Mustang Money Days and or Saturday Academy/events. Students will be required to change into appropriate dress if out of compliance and may be subject to appropriate administration/parent conference.
We look forward to your support and cooperation with our new Dress Code Policy and your support of focusing on academic achievement at Marshall Middle School. If you have any questions please make an appointment to discuss them with me @ (909) 397-4532. Thank you!